Player Code of Conduct
As a player to the Byram Hills Youth Lacrosse organization, I promise to:
- Attend all practices and games prepared to play, ready to learn, and with all necessary equipment.
- Treat all players on my team and other teams with respect and consideration.
- Practice good sportsmanship with all coaches, referees, and other players; refrain from all abusive language.
- Refrain from reckless or inappropriate physical contact.
- Be respectful to my teammates by following the practice and game while on the sidelines.
Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent of the Byram Hills Youth Lacrosse organization, I promise to:
- Get my child to the field prepared and on time.
- Pick up my child from any lacrosse activity on time.
- Be a supportive, encouraging parent on the sidelines without being a distraction or intrusive; at no time is a parent allowed on the field.
- Respect the calls of the referee.
- Respect the philosophy of the coach and his/her coaching style. Never approach a coach on the field or have any sort of confrontation whatsoever.
- Discuss all issues with my child's coach privately and at a time away from the game.
- Refrain from unsportsmanlike and poor parenting behavior, including verbal or physical abuse of players, coaches, referees, and other spectators at all lacrosse events.